Selling A Property
Step 1 - Accurate valuation
- Your aim should be to sell your property at the best possible price in the shortest period of time. Our expert sales team carry out many valuations each month, giving us unparalleled knowledge of property values in your area. Therefore, we consistently achieve the asking price across all our clients' properties.
Call us on 01752 875075 or go to value my property.
Step 2 - Selecting an estate agent
- When choosing an estate agent, consider their opening hours, when they will be available to conduct viewings, their high street presence and what kind of marketing your property will receive. These are critical to obtaining the maximum exposure and price for your property.
- You should also check if your agent will organise your Energy Performance Certificate on your behalf or if you need to arrange this yourself.
- You must have commissioned an EPC before your property can be marketed, here at Hindhead we can arrange your EPC in house.
Step 3 - Presenting your property
- First impressions count making the presentation of your property critical to a successful sale.
- Consider addressing any DIY jobs you have been meaning to get done, add a fresh coat of paint where necessary and try to declutter to make rooms appear larger.
- Hindhead’s team of dedicated professionals will then take photographs, produce a floorplan and write comprehensive property descriptions, all in just one visit.
Step 4 - Marketing your property
- To find your perfect buyer you need to give your property maximum exposure across a wide range of media. When you instruct Hindhead Property to sell your property you will automatically benefit from our unrivalled, comprehensive marketing package including: exposure on our website, Rightmove, Zoopla and Primelocation, full colour property brochures*, window adverts*, property mail outs and social media advertising.
Step 5 - Accompanied viewings
- Accompanied viewings mean we can use our expertise to help sell your property.
- Our offices are open Monday to Saturday. In addition, we can arrange, by appointment, viewings on Sundays.
Step 6 - Receiving an offer
- As soon as an offer is received we will notify you both verbally and in writing.
- Any special conditions of the offer will also be stated in writing and we will check the buyer's ability to proceed before you decide whether to accept the offer.
Step 7 - Instructing a solicitor
- The successful sale of your property can be reliant on the instruction of an efficient and experienced solicitor. Its' a good idea to do some research and decide before you put your property on the market. Once an offer is agreed you will need to have a solicitor in place. We recommend local solicitors that we have built a strong business relationship with and whom work along the same ethics as ourselves.
Step 8 - Offer agreed
Once you accept an offer we will do the following:
- Prepare a memorandum of sale
- Write to all parties to confirm the agreed price
- Your solicitor will send out a draft contract to the buyer's solicitor who will then carry out preliminary enquiries
- We will advise you and negotiate on your behalf throughout this process, keeping you informed every step of the way. There are no legal obligations until contracts are signed
Step 9 - Exchange of contracts
Exchange of contracts occurs when the following have been confirmed and agreed:
- Preliminary enquiries following receipt of draft contract
- Evidence of a good title
- Specific issues highlighted in the Lease, if applicable
- Local search queries
- Fixtures and fittings to be included in the sale
- The buyer's mortgage offer
- Once the contract has been signed by both parties the deposit (usually 10% of the purchase price) will be telegraphically transferred or paid in the form of a banker's draft by the buyer's solicitor to your solicitor. The completion date is then set by agreement.
Step 10 - Completion
- Completion is when the residual monies (usually 90%) are transferred from the buyer's solicitor to your solicitor's account. Your solicitor will call you when the money has cleared in your account and will inform us to release the keys.
Congratulations, your property is now sold!